Information for Employers
In order to support our vision of helping our students find their purpose, we need the support of both the public and private sectors. The careers programme is the bridge between education and employment. Therefore our students need to understand, what skills and qualifications are required to be successful in the workplace.
There are a number of ways you can engage with us at Pleckgate High School (The below table details how.)
|SUPER LEARNING DAY 1 – Tuesday 15th October 2019||SUPER LEARNING DAY 2 – Wednesday 15th January 2020||SUPER LEARNING DAY 3 – Thursday 5th March 2020|
● College, Sixth form and Apprenticeship talks
● What are my next steps?
● College, sixth form and apprenticeship applications
● CV writing
● Personal statements
● Interview skills
● Exploring different careers.
● Work placement visit
● Exploring personal strengths for employment
● Head of Department Options Talks
● Employer talks
● Which way now?
● Exploring options for KS5
● Employer talks
● One to one career interviews
|WEEKLY SCHEDULED ASSEMBLIES|
|MONDAY – Year 7||
Opportunities for employers to engage with a specific year group about your work sector.
Discussions around Qualifications, skills and job opportunities.
|TUESDAY – Year 9|
|WEDNESDAY – Year 10|
|THURSDAY – Year 11|
|FRIDAY – Year 8|
|There are opportunities for employers to liaise with the CEIAG coordinator and Heads of Department to educate our pupils on how their subject leads onto further study and/or employment.Examples of how you might support specific subject areas:
● Subject specific talks in lessons
● Opportunities for practical application of knowledge and skills
● Projects to extend learning
● Visits to places of employment
For more information or to arrange a meeting, please contact our Careers Coordinator J Blears at email@example.com.