The curriculum at Pleckgate extends far beyond the academic and vocational lessons offered during the school day. We provide a vast array of enrichment activities across key stage 3 and key stage 4, which support our pupils to develop their interests and talents outside of the classroom. These experiences help pupils to develop their resilience, confidence and independence, as well as keeping them physically and mentally healthy.
- Enrichment opportunities booklet- coming soon
Aims of Enrichment at Pleckgate High School
The aim of Enrichment is to provide additional opportunities for pupils to develop as rounded individuals, in line with the values of Pleckgate High School: Aspire and Believe, Act and Succeed.
Enrichment activities are in addition to the taught Personal Development curriculum and offer flexible enrichment opportunities that allow us to respond to the needs of our pupils and build upon the taught curriculum.
In practice this means:
- There are opportunities for pupils to develop an awareness of, and respect for, themselves and others.
- These enhancement days support the development of positive self-esteem, which will help pupils to cope with the challenges of personal growth.
- The wide range of activities enable pupils to be aware of the personal choices they can make and prepares them to make responsible decisions.
- Enrichment activity helps pupils to explore their feelings and emotions and promote confidence in one’s own ability.
- We also provide chances for pupils to explore and question their own thoughts and feelings.
- We give pupils the opportunity to engage with employers and further education providers to ensure future generations will beneﬁt from quality, meaningful interactions that help them understand the links between courses, skills and the pathways they open up
We actively promote the extensive personal development of our pupils. Our pupils have access to a wide, rich set of experiences. Opportunities for pupils to develop their talents and interests are of exceptional quality and there is a strong take-up by pupils of the opportunities provided.