In September 2019 the school successfully launched a bus service for all children in school. The service is provided by Moving People, a reputable local transport provider in Blackburn. This transport service means that we can offer a limited number of places on the bus to children who feel that they would benefit from using a bus to travel to and from school. For these children there will be a charge. The cost of the transport will be set at £2.50 per day return. We are offering this service on an instalment basis as well as to be paid in advance. Bookings are now being taken for the period of Autumn half term 1 – Monday 7th September 2020 to Friday 23rd October 2020.
Please note that the service will start on Wednesday 2nd September from the end of school that day. During this week the service will run for free as children in different year groups have different start times. The paid service will commence on Monday 7th September when all children are back in school.
The cost of the service is as follows:
- 1 x payment of £87.50
- 7 x instalments of £12.50
In order to reserve your place(s) please log onto your ParentPay account via the school website, select the trip titled ‘School Bus Service 07/09/20 – 23/10/20’, pay the full amount or first instalment and agree to the terms and conditions by Friday 28th August 2020. If you agree to pay by instalments, then you must keep up with the payment plan or your child will lose their place on the bus. Once payment is made we will contact you to confirm how your child(ren) can start to use the service. If you have any further enquiries please contact the school on email@example.com
If you have a child(ren) starting in Year 7 this September and are interested in using this service please contact the school on firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm your intention to use the service giving your child’s full name and the primary school from where they have just finished. We will then write out to you with further details of how to access the service as you don’t yet have access to ParentPay.
The bus timetable is as follows (click here to view the map)
- 07:40 Higher Audley Street, Audley
- 07:48 Whitebirk Road, Intack
- 07:54 Whalley Old Road, Little Harwood
- 08:00 Randal Street
- 08:10 Pleckgate High School
- 15:10 Pleckgate High School
- 15:20 Whalley Old Road, Little Harwood
- 15:25 Randal Street
- 15:37 Chester Street
- 15:45 Whitebirk Road, Intack
We understand that you and your child may have some concerns at this time regarding transport to and from school. As a school we want you and your child to feel as safe as possible. In order to support this we are working very closely with Moving People and have put the following protocols in place:
- We recommend that parents provide face masks for children to wear when travelling on the bus.
- A seating plan will be in place for children to adhere to so that they are sat in year groups in line with recommended practice when they return to school.
- There will be a member of staff to greet the children when they arrive at school and at home time when they board the bus to ensure masks are worn and the seating plan is followed.