Principles of Pleckgate Remote Learning
The key principles of Remote Learning at Pleckgate High School:
- High quality, lesson presentations and associated resources will be available through google classroom.
- Lessons will be high-quality and align as closely as possible with in-school provision.
- All remote learning lessons will be delivered through the google classroom platform.
- Lesson routines will continue. Students should access the google classroom at the time they would have been attending lessons in school.
- The aim is where staffing allows, every lesson will have direct teacher instruction whether it be pre-recorded, feedback via google classroom or ‘live’ elements of learning.
Teachers have been developing pre-recorded lessons to help students learn at home and we have just successfully trialled ‘live lessons’ in a number of subjects: English, Maths, Science, Languages, Geography, History, PE and Photography. Live lessons are a particular element of the remote learning offer that we will continue to develop over time to compliment pre-recorded content and other resources, however it is important that you understand that live lessons can only take place where staffing allows.
We recommend that you ensure that your child has practiced using Google classroom at home and we are currently updating the ‘Parent Help’ section on the Remote Learning section of our school website with guidance on how to access Google Classroom. The joining code for each google classroom has been shared in advance with all students and your child should have access to all of their subjects. However, in the event of your child having to learn from home, a letter will be sent to you with all the classroom codes that your child needs to access.
Google classroom and live lesson meeting codes allow us to ensure that only the Pleckgate students are invited and their teacher are able to access the live lesson and communicate together. Any meeting ID and passwords must never be shared with any other person and these codes should never be shared or publicised on social media.