Personal Social Health Education
The PSHE programme at Pleckgate is part of our wider Personal Development offer to develop the ‘whole child’.
The aims of our curriculum are as follows:
- Ensure students have the knowledge and skills to make informed choices to enhance and enrich their own and other people’s lives.
- Develop a strength of character and resilience that will help students to overcome the challenges they are likely to encounter in adult life.
- Promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, increasing their awareness and self-confidence.
- Help students develop independent skills and a positive attitude toward learning.
- Ensure that all students understand how to stay safe.
- Provide an appropriate range of opportunities and experiences to allow students to succeed in the next stage in their education, training or employment.
- Prepare children for life in modern Britain. We will ensure that the fundamental British values are introduced, discussed and lived out through the ethos and work of the school.
- Provide a range of opportunities and experiences which act a vehicle for furthering understanding and deepen and develop understanding beyond the local community.
- Develop skills in communicating ideas and opinions to influence social change.
- Develop student understanding of healthy relationships through age appropriate relationship and sex education.
We will achieve this through our structured PSHE programme, bespoke tutor and CEIAG programmes, assembly programme, enrichment initiatives (including our Wider Curriculum) and the support of specialist external bodies.
Please take a look at the PSHE learning journeys our students take during their time at school.