What is the Leading Parent Partnership Award ?
The LPPA is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work very closely with the families of their pupils. The assessment is made by an external adviser.
We are working hard towards achieving the Leading Parent Partnership Award. The purpose of this nationally recognised award is to help focus the school’s work with parents and families.
During this process we hope to build on the many strengths the school already has with parents. We want to provide opportunities for parents to have a voice in everyday school life. At Pleckgate High School we want to do everything we possibly can to help parents and families support their children.
Work to achieve this award started in October 2017 and we hope to achieve the accreditation in December 2018.
The LPPA consists of nine evidence-based Objectives which schools must meet to get the award.
- The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
- The school promotes the awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation.
- The school provides a good induction for all new parents.
- The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
- The school produces and implements parent-friendly policies to establish effective home-school links and improve student’s attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school.
- The school provides good support for all parents as their children move through or leave the school.
- The school summarises its achievements against the LPPA Objectives and outlines its future plans.
What difference will the award make to the work done with families at Pleckgate High School?
It will make our work with families even better. It will improve our communication and build more activities for families in school. As you know we are always trying to improve and completing this award will help us do that!
How can families help us gain the award?
- Come to our Parent Forum Meetings
- Read all information that we send out
- Come along to events we organise if you are able
- Complete any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can
A BIG thank you to all those parents/carers who have taken the time to complete forms and questionnaires.
We will keep you up-to-date of our progress!
Thank you for your support. If you have any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel: 01254 249134 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs A McGinty – Deputy Headteacher
Mrs S Makba – Parent Governor